Queen Anne’s County Recreation implements the swim program which teaches aquatic and safety skills in a logical progression. The objective is to teach people to swim and to be safe in and around the water.
- Pre-registration is required.
- Parent participation is required in Mom and Tot classes. Child must be at least 6 months old.
- Class size is limited.
- Recreation reserves the right to cancel any class due to low registration.
- Classes are Monday through Thursday (Friday is the inclement weather make-up day).
- Registration fee is $70 per person.
- Most of our pools are private residences. Please be respectful of the homeowners’ property. When you are parking, please be mindful of the homeowners’ cars and do not block their driveway.
- Pool Locations and Directions
Participants will learn the following at each level:
- Level 1 – Introduction to Water Skills. Helps students feel comfortable in the water and to enjoy the water safely. Must be comfortable submerging face underwater for 5 seconds to move on to the next level.
- Level 2 – Fundamental Aquatic Skills. Teaches students fundamental skills. Must swim front and back crawl for 15 yards without assistance to move on to the next level.
- Level 3 – Stroke Development. Builds on the skills learned in Level 2 by providing additional guided practice. Must be able to swim front crawl for 15 yards with face in the water using rhythmic breathing, swim back crawl for 15 yards, and tread water or float without assistance for 30 seconds.
- Level 4 – Stroke Improvement. Develops confidence in the strokes learned and improves aquatic skills.
- Level 5 – Stroke Refinement. Provides further coordination and refinement of strokes.