Skip to content
- What are the hours for the Parks and Landings?
- Parks are open from Dawn to Dusk, except for use of lighted fields
- Public Landings are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Can the Parks be rented for events?
- Park pavilions and trail areas can be rented for gatherings and walk/run/bike activities. Conquest Beach rental is reserved for private parties such as weddings, family reunions, and company picnics. Matapeake Clubhouse is currently available for off season rentals, from after Labor Day through before Memorial Day. Matapeake Clubhouse hosts a Café during the summer months. Call us at 410-758-0835 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on rentals.
- Do I need a permit to use the landings?
- Public Landing usage is by parking permit only. These annual and daily permits are sold over the counter by 16 vendors located throughout Queen Anne’s County. The Permit Application is available on the website. Matapeake and Romancoke Piers utilize a Kiosk machine for parking. The machines accept exact change or credit card and the cost is $10 per car.
- I received a citation, what do I do now?
- Public Landings Officers and Park Rangers patrol the facilities for patron assistance and can issue citations for infractions of the rules and regulations. Payment of these citations can be done through the mail, or at our office. If a citation is left unpaid, the vehicle registration will be flagged and a release from our office will be needed to renew the tags. MVA charges a fee for this service above the amount of the citation.
- Can the general public use the ball fields?
- Various season sport leagues and travel teams reserve our baseball, football, soccer, and lacrosse fields and lights for practices, games, and tournaments. If a field has not been marked for play and a team is not utilizing the field, pick-up games are allowed. Field conditions due to inclement weather will be listed on the website.